Tuesday, May 17, 2011

True Colors...

Sometimes, in spite of your best intentions, your carefully assembled existence will go careening off the rails in the wrong direction, and a detour to Shitsville is inevitable. If this has never happened to you, I offer my congratulations...and I sincerely hope you never have to go. However, I recently spent over a year there, and I can say without hesitation that it blows. And while I don't ever care to return, there are some blessings that have come of it. I have learned who my real friends are, and a few people surprised me by showing their love and support in ways that I had never seen, and in some cases didn't know that I had. Of course, the flip side of that is that I had to discover that one or two people that I really believed in didn't have my back at the end of the day.

To those of you that hung in there with me (and you know who you are), I can never begin to express my gratitude. Even though you may not have understood, you stood by me and loved me without question or judgement. That kindness will stay with me always, and while I suppose it would be nice to be able to repay it one day, I hope you never have to go through what I did in order for me to do so. I hope you know I will always consider you family.

To the ones who didn't, it's your loss. I'm in a far better place than I've ever been, and you're missing out on the best of me!

Love my people! Thank you all! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you, and I love the growth I have seen in you over this past year. Everything you have gone through has made you a stronger woman, more compassionate wife and involved mother, ignited a fire for passion, and unlocked your true inner-self! It may have been a difficult year, but the results that I see are amazing!

    ReplyDelete