Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blah blah blah...

School's out for summer. I have a freshly minted middle schooler (with the attitude to match, at least most days) and a sweet-but-strangely-cynical second grader...and not a hell of a lot else going on. We have reached the time of year that, historically, it takes everything I have just to endure, for a number of reasons. First, I find the heat and humidity of an Oklahoma summer to be extremely oppressive. Second, although it seems the opposite would be true, I hear less from my favorite people during this stretch...my amazing friends are scattered about traveling, and texts and phone calls drop off sharply...which I know means that they're probably having a great time, but still feels remarkably like abandonment at times. Third, my job tends to become e-x-c-r-u-c-i-a-t-i-n-g-l-y slow during the summer months. And finally, although this is exclusive to this summer, neither Tina Fey nor Lorne Michaels have come calling, and hits to this blog have dropped from 40-50 per day to--oh, about 6. I'm guessing none of you are scouting for either one of those people, but who the hell really knows?

What, then, is a girl such as myself supposed to do? I ask you--all six of you. How can I make this part go faster? How do I get past the unsettled feeling of having nothing to do and no one who's looking for me?

1 comment:

  1. Dammit I am looking for you!! And you know that I will make the long, boring months of summer go by faster than normal. First, I will begin randomly texting you at work (even though you are on the opposite side of the building!). I can definitely share some interesting randomness that way! Next, we shall plan our "white trash bash". That should take up a few minutes...and there WILL be a pool involved!! :) Finally, well, I don't really know. I will think of SOMETHING!!

    ReplyDelete