Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teacher Appreciation..and a bit of Parental Desperation...

I asked the girls to write letters to their teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. They found some decorative note paper and went to work. Sara produced the following draft for her teacher:

Dear Mrs. Evans:

I feel like I've really blossomed this year in your class. First grade is my favorite so far and my favorite part about it is you!

Love, Sara


Her sweetness touched me, and her choice of verbiage made me smile. She more than made up for her sister, who rolled her eyes at my suggestion, sighed often during her composition, then refused to let me read anything she wrote. I imagine it to say something like:


Dear Mrs. R:

My mother is making me write you a letter of appreciation, because she is ridiculous. But whatever, you've been a pretty nice teacher, and fifth grade hasn't been altogether lame. Thanks and have a great summer.

Em

Tomorrow is Parent Orientation at the middle school she'll be attending next year. Of course I want to know all about the school's dress code and severe weather policies, but I wonder if they will hand out some sort of Survival Guide for Mothers of Preteen Girls. At the very least, a list of appropriately witty, sarcastic responses should be given out, along with some situational guidelines...perhaps a flow chart.  Hmmmmm....I think I smell a project....

No comments:

Post a Comment