Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stars Align...

The other day, one of my best friends sent me a text. She was in the midst of  Sex and the City marathon on her day off, and it suddenly dawned on her that something "seemed very familiar." And then it hit her...Carrie was rather "Shannon-like...a loveable hot mess," which she quickly assured me she meant with great affection. "Her self narration is like a conversation with you!"

I don't earn Carrie's paycheck...I mean, let's face it, look where she lives...on a WEEKLY column for the New York Post? I don't think so...nor do I have her shoe collection...but I have her sass, a little style, and I'm gaining more and more insight into the intricacies of single life every day...but with an important twist. I have offspring to boot...

And then it dawned on me...where is the column representing ME? A busy, working, involved, loving, half-crazed single mom trying to relearn everything she thought she already knew? Well, after a quick collaboration with my favorite editor, the answer was obvious. The writer is right here. And the story is coming soon, so stay tuned...and to my dear Lisa, thank you for the inspiration!



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment