Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lessons I'm Learning and Other Random Musings...



I can be free-spirited and adventurous...sometimes even a daredevil...but I didn't ask for THIS adventure, and it isn't nearly as much fun when someone else makes the decision for you.

I know myself well...I know what I like, and whom...if I tell you that it's YOU, how about you do us both a favor and just give me the benefit of the doubt?

I am not a coward...I don't run from the things that scare me...but that doesn't mean I don't want to. I'll tell you I'm not scared, but I'm probably lying...and if I start making smartass comments, you may as well consider me terrified.

I may be cautious by nature, but I've learned to roll with the punches...some punches are just more surprising than others. Just give me a chance to recover, and I'll be okay.

I follow directions well...it's why I can cook...but there is no instruction manual for this. I'm making it up as I go along, so please be patient and don't judge me.

I'm smarter than you might think. Don't underestimate me.

I'm loyal to a fault...I know because it's bitten me in the ass more than once. There are some people that you simply don't need in your life...it's okay to love them, it's okay to care...but do it from a distance and save yourself some grief.

I'm stronger than I look. Yes, I HAVE lost weight...probably too much, but I know it, so please back off. I'm not going to blow away. Yes, I'm tired...yes, I get frustrated. Yes, I make the wrong decisions sometimes. Yes, I know you're worried...but I'm the only one who knows what this feels like, so let me handle it in my own way and just be there when I need you.

He probably doesn't deserve me, and I know that...but I'm going to let him have me for awhile anyway. Running away because the timing and the circumstances aren't completely right is a cop-out. Sometimes you have to wait and see what happens, because if you don't, you'll always wonder.

I will give everyone I care about a second chance...but I almost never give a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment