Monday, February 27, 2012

FAIL

Dear God, it's me, Shannon...

First, let me thank you for my life, my beautiful children, and all that I have...even this unbelievably sucky day week month past two years, which I'm sure is meant to teach me something, but I haven't exactly figured out what it is yet. (While we're on the subject...any idea when you'll be making your point? I know you're only supposed to be giving me as much as I can handle, but are you SURE you're not overestimating my ability to bounce?)

But seriously, I'm going to have to throw in the towel...I had nothing but the best intentions. I really did. But Easter is a long, long, loooooooong way off...and things sort of suck right now, pretty much in the general sense...and I really have no one to talk to the past couple of months--well, except for you and my journal...everyone is so busy and they have their own lives. A girl can only handle so much...but enough excuses. Let's not mince words. We're just going to call this what it is:

LENT FAIL.

I'm quitting, and I'm sorry. I rather hope, under the circumstances, that this will be overlooked...historically, my record is spotless. But I've given up enough this year...I'm learning to live without SO much already...and I'm certainly learning a lot about myself and my relationship with you in the process...and isn't that the point? I'm asking you to cut me some slack...I'd say "just this once," but come on, let's get real...you know me better than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment