Friday, April 8, 2011

Had to share...so why not do it right?

I have two incredible, beautiful, hilariously precocious daughters...Emily is 11, but thinks she's 16, and has a better vocabulary than many adults in the area (although we live in Oklahoma, so take that for what it's worth).  Sara is 7, and truly believes that the world is her stage.  (I'm pretty sure she perfected jazz hands at the moment of her birth.)  Each day, they find ways--intentionally or unintentionally--to put me in stitches.  Todays Quotes of the Day are as follows:

Sara:   Mommy, I know you said I had to have my room clean to spend the night at Madi's, and I cleaned it. Could you please just trust me and not check it?

Me:  No, Sara.  I'm still going to check it.

Sara:  (pauses a moment) Oh...gonna need a few minutes... 

She then turned on her heel and ran down the hall toward her room...

At her tender age, where do you suppose she's learned such manipulative tactics?  'Tis a mystery...


Her big sister is attending a 13th birthday slumber party for HER friend Maddy. (The name Madison in Oklahoma is a little like Jennifer was in the 80s...shout it out on the playground and half the girls come running. So is Emily, for that matter, but I can't exactly help that...she's named after my 80-year-old grandmother.)  The theme of the slumber party is "Old Hollywood" and the girls were planning to dress up like 50s starlets and do photo shoots.  I got a text from one of the 2 moms manning that madness relaying the following exchange that occurred mid-makeover:

Mackenzie:  It smells like a dance recital in here...

Emily:  Whatever.  It smells like hair spray and desperation...

And THAT, my friends, is the most fitting introduction to my daughters that I could ever hope to give.  I hope you enjoy hearing about our adventures...


4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Shannon! Or should I say ladies! LOL! Very much looking forward too more musings from the front. - SMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!! Hair spray and desperation!!! Classic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post the pics when I can. She was gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete