Sunday, April 17, 2011

And so, to review...

Obviously, I had a hell of a week. I'm relieved to say it DID somewhat improve...on Friday, I took my Girl Scouts for self-defense lessons, and proudly watched my 88-lb daughter throw an adult to the ground...not only that, but the adult in question has about 60 pounds on her and is solid muscle! All the girls did really well, and I'm told that some of them promptly went home and began practicing on their siblings. (Sorry about that.) Miss Ashley was amazing with them! Suddenly Emily's heartfelt campaign to walk to school next year holds a little more promise...not that I'm going to tell her that...yet!

Yesterday, we took the girls to the Red-White game in Norman. The weather was fabulous, and I have to say, it's a rare treat to only have about 30,000 in the stands. You can actually let your child walk a few feet away from you without wigging out. I even let the girls go down and sit on the steps that lead down to the field, so they could get close to the action. Sara was having a hard time grasping the concept of a scrimmage, and kept asking who we were playing against...but they enjoyed being outside, not to mention a never-before-seen spring serving of Stadium Nachos, complete with extra radioactive-yellow cheese product.

A good weekend was made even better by good company, which was in steady supply from Friday morning onward...for this, I am more thankful than I can describe. And the best news yet? Today is Sunday, and we ALL get a do-over every seven days...and so far, it's off to a pretty good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment