Wednesday, December 31, 2014

In the Rearview Mirror...

So, here we are, another year passed, with a blank slate before us. I think 2014 will ultimately go down as the year the pieces fell together for me...the year I finally figured *most* of my shit out and got pretty good at being a grownup. Not that there aren't loose ends...there always are. But I'll tell you a secret...I'm so excited about the New Year...I'm downright giddy!

The girls have a lot of transitions coming up, though unlike last year, they are not all unwelcome. While they're sad for their father, this divorce is a relief for them. They've been so much more relaxed the past four months. Everything just seems a little easier for them. As for E, they adore him, and the feeling is mutual...although I realize that my relationship with him is a big transition, too. So far, it seems to be a positive thing. We'll see how it goes.

I know how it's going for me...and in spite of the challenges that come with our relationship, I've never been this happy or content. He is, quite frankly, a lovely man. He makes me laugh, he makes me think, and he makes me feel safe and loved. We don't always agree, and that's okay. He loves me for my tendency to color outside the lines...and I am so looking forward to our future.

My brother is getting married this fall, and I am looking forward to having Chelsea as part of our family. She seems good for him, and she is kind and caring. The girls really enjoy spending time with her.

I am wrapping up the book and trying to decide what my next step will be. I feel compelled to go back to school, but we'll have to see how things shake out. Until then...

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment