Thursday, December 4, 2014

Four Stockings

I've never loved a guy enough to put up a stocking for him. Well. Not since I got divorced, anyway. But I guess things have a way of changing when you least expect it.

He's not the guy I ever thought I'd fall for, but now, I can't imagine being without him. He's just a part of us. He's a little older than anyone I've dated, and unapologetically dorky...but he's also kind. And brilliant. And funny. And he loves us.

Sara told me a couple of weeks ago, "Mom, he's really great. It seems like we've known him forever. I don't even mind that I have to put on pants when he comes over." From her, there is no higher compliment. 

The three of us are incredibly lucky to have him! So for the first time ever, I put up a stocking. He has presents under our tree. Not only that, but I learned to cook latkes and rugelach. This holiday business? No problem. We got this.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment