Thursday, September 19, 2013

NO, really....

Okay...apparently lately I've strayed away from the funny a little too much...because even when I post something good, people call me in alarm, asking me what's up. Guys, seriously...nothing is up! I'm just really happy...

I have the two best daughters anyone could ask for. Emily is doing well in 8th grade, is starting to overcome her Angsty Dramatic Phase. She has a nice boyfriend and good friends. She makes good grades, and is starting to think for herself and question the universe. She rolls her eyes a little less. All of these things are good. Sara is in 4th grade. She still thinks I'm the coolest thing ever...or at least one of them. She has the sweetest, purest heart for those whom she loves...and looks suspiciously at pretty much everyone else. She relishes her role as baby of the family...to the point that she swears she's going to live with me forever. (Though I'm sure she'll let her dad share in that joy.)

I've got some pretty cool friends...my dear friend Nancy is getting married this Friday, and I'm so excited for her and Rocco! I also had a blast at Gentlemen of the Road in Guthrie a couple weeks ago with April, Derek, and Chad...hey, did you know there are railroad police? Something we learned...when I guess we kinda got pulled over? But walking? We ended up chatting them up and having our picture made with them, so there was no railroad jail for us. And when I ran into MC and he briefly thought the VPO meant he could still come up and say hi, I did not cry or even acknowledge him. April blocked me from his view as best she could, I put my head down, and we found a more appealing place to grab a drink. Also ran into The Nurse, which was fine and not especially upsetting or weird. We talked for a few minutes. I *may* have mentioned out loud that I thought he was kind of an asshole. Which he *may* have agreed with. Then I told him it was nice seeing him and took off back to my people. It was a pretty great weekend, even if it turned in to Ex-boyfriendpalooza. Now that football is underway, and I've gotten to hang out with all of my Norman friends and my Dallas family...and now that we finally have an away game, I can host gameday at my house for Sarah and Rob and Syd. Shana and Blaine are getting ready to relocate to the Big Easy with their sweet girls, and even invited us to visit when they're settled. Ashley is buried in grad school, Beth in her doctoral program, and Krystal in dental school, but we manage to carve out a little time here and there. And now that fall is setting in, Cooking Adventures with the Norris clan will soon resume! I'm excited!

There's someone else who's been getting a fair portion of my time these past six months, too...he's good to me. He shows up within 10 minutes and breaks into my car when I lock the keys in during the middle of the day. He fixes my cable when the dog chews through the wires without my even asking. He helps me when I break an ankle...and probably whatever else I happen to break, though I don't care to test that theory. He's patient and listens to me when I argue with him, and never holds it against me or makes me feel bad about how I feel, which is great. I'm sure he DOES get angry...I've heard stories...but so far I haven't seen it. Oh, and he's cute as hell. But mostly, he just makes me happy and I feel safe and have fun with him. It took awhile and he was patient with me those first few months after MC. He's kind of a tough nut to crack, too. Oddly enough, I met him in part because of my blog. Well, that and my good friend Jae...whom I've thanked more than once for introducing us. I don't know. We'll see what happens. But I like him a lot and I care about him a little more every day...and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way. No one is in a hurry.

So really...when I say something good happened, it's okay to believe it. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now, and I feel like I'm on a road I want to be on...and I'm with the people who should be on it with me. I still don't exactly know the destination, but that's okay. I imagine between the lot of us, we'll figure something out...or at least open a bottle of wine and enjoy the trip. <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment