Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy...

You know it's for real when it has nothing to do with anyone but yourself...I don't need to be someone's wife or someone's girlfriend. I'm happy enough being someone's mother (two perfect little someones) and everyone's friend...well, most people's, anyway...unless you're one of those general assholes, in which case you can piss off.

It may not be the one I planned, but it's a pretty great life, and I'm making it for MYSELF. I have two amazing girls and a nice place to live, a job that pays my bills, and a ton of people I love that make me laugh...and it occurred to me today that I can't think of a single need that isn't being met...even most of the "wants" are being covered.

As for the guy, everyone asks, and here is my answer: Who knows when I'll find him? Maybe I already know him, maybe I don't...either way, I have something to look forward to...and you know what? So does he! I'm fun at a party, and I'm not bad to look at...and in spite of my penchant for sarcasm and a few minor quirks typical of writers and creative types, I'm a really, really nice person in general...so come on, don't be shy! Come and get me! Or DON'T...I'll be just fine on my own...





Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

  1. Yet another excellent post. Shannon, YOU ARE LOVED! Even by those of us who have never physically met you. I'm so glad to see you getting back in your groove again!

    ReplyDelete