Friday, May 4, 2012

Dear You...

One day, I will find you...you will look at me and think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. You'll listen to what I say, so you'll know that I'm smart. You're going to find my quirks endearing...you won't care that I swear a lot and you'll think my tattoos are cool...you will both love and envy my energy. You'll appreciate my culinary abilities, and when you see me with my children, you may kinda want me to be the mother of yours, too. You won't care that I have a little baggage...in fact, you'll carry it for me from time to time. But don't worry, I'll return the favor when you need me to.


You won't care that I keep the house a little bit chilly, and you will build me a fire even if it's only September and it's still in the 50's, because you will think it's cute that I'm so excited about fall. You won't be offended that I sleep curled into a ball by myself instead of cuddling--if I sleep at all. You will remember to take pictures at parties, because I always forget. You will love loud music, and will observe my sudden urges to dance it out in the kitchen with an amused grin. You will understand my jokes and be strangely attracted to my sarcasm. You will make fun of me when I'm wrong, or when I'm acting like a complete brat. If you make me cry, you will help dry my tears.


In return, I will bake you a cake for your birthday...and sometimes just because. I will make you laugh, which won't be hard, because you totally get me. I will watch football and basketball games with you even if I don't care about your team...or maybe I'll really care about your team, because you'll be mine. I will dress up when you take me out, and I will make sure my heels don't make me taller than you...well, unless you like that. I will let you go out with the guys, and I won't ask for too many details when you do. I will kiss you hello and goodbye every time I see you...and I mean REALLY kiss you. And I will rock your world on a pretty regular basis.


I know you're out there. I may even already know you somehow...but if I do, it's okay that I don't know it's you yet, because I'm probably not quite ready for you...but when I am, I promise to be one of the best things that ever happened to you.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. From one swear-word-slinging, tattoo-sporting mama to another? Love this post. XO

    ReplyDelete