Saturday, January 14, 2012

Losing Myself...

This week I ran away...and it was one of the best things I've done for myself in awhile. I went by myself...I drove...A LOT. I needed to clear my head and get away. Between the packing and cleaning, finalizing the divorce, the headaches that come with buying and selling a house, and a couple of issues that cropped up with the two guys I've dated, I was so far past my breaking point, I couldn't even see it. So when Brian picked up the girls, I took a couple of days off work and took off...a few people know where I was, and that's the way I'll keep it...but I'm feeling better.

Not that things are perfect. My new house isn't going to close on Thursday, thanks to a glitch with the second appraisal that the lender is requiring. It was ordered late, and with the bank holiday on Monday, the odds of even being able to close on Friday are probably not awesome...so as of 4pm on Thursday, I am effectively homeless. That's a shitty feeling, but I am lucky to have a lot of people that love me and are willing to put me up for awhile. I'm praying for a Friday closing, because I'd like to take my girls HOME...last week, that news might have put me over the edge, but since my impromptu getaway, I can ALMOST take this setback in stride.

Thursday is a big day. We have the decree ready to go. We go to have it signed at 8:30, and it's finished. At 3:00, we close on our old house...and I know it will be liberating to close that book. It would be nice if I had a new book on hand, like I planned...but I'll manage. And I will be free as a bird, like I was when I ran away...

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Shannon! You've got people rooting for you over here. Transitions are always tough, and I do understand the stress of being homeless for a few days. Glad you took the time to downshift a bit.

    ReplyDelete