Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Perks.

I don't think of E as being a big deal...on some abstract level, I understand that he is, of course...but frankly, I know his weird little quirks and have to listen to him snore...so, really, to me, he's just a regular guy, albeit the most important one in my life.

Today, I learned that there are a few benefits to being a surgeon's girlfriend when your mother is having surgery...like when your father starts to climb the walls in the waiting room, he can just walk into the OR and get an update. He can hang out with her in recovery when you can't be there. Information starts coming to you a little faster after the nurses see you with him...and it was nice to be treated so well.

It was also pretty cool to have so many people tell me what an excellent surgeon he is...not that I've ever doubted it. It just became a little more concrete for me today. :)

The perks of being a surgeon's girlfriend do not, however, extend to getting one access to fox sports or a decent bed to sleep in. (I am a tall, tall girl in a tiny, tiny chair.) But I can't complain. I'm a lucky, happy, blessed girl! My momma's going to be fine, and my man is helping to watch over her. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment