Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Day After

The dust has settled. The Bad Lady is still in office, and my team didn't win...but like any good fan, I don't love them any less. Just like I keep right on loving my Sooners and my Thunder when they lose, today I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude.

I am so thankful for my bonus job, which gave me the opportunity to meet and talk with the candidates...all of them. It's how I know I had it right...and how The Bad Lady came to be known as such.

Cathy Cummings is one of the most beautiful souls I've ever had the privilege of meeting. I am grateful to be able to call her a friend, and I admire her convictions and her passion. She's going to be somebody very important one day. I am proud of her for running an honest campaign and for doing it her way and putting herself out there. She's a real inspiration to me.

Joe Dorman is a good guy who works his ass off. He is a politician for all the right reasons, which is hard to find these days. The guy cares about people and wants to make this place better for them. ALL of them. I don't agree with him about a bunch of stuff, and no matter how he's registered, this guy is no Democrat. In fact, he's terrible at being a Democrat, but his intentions are good and his ideas solid. I pray he finds a place in the political landscape, because people like him are desperately needed in this place.

I am proud of everyone who showed up at the polls. I am amazed by the sheer number of Republicans I spoke to at the watch party last night who crossed party lines to do what they thought was right. I've never had so many red friends vote blue, and I'm excited to know there are still people out there who will vote for the person over the party. (Even me. I voted for 3 Republicans myself yesterday. ;)

I am disappointed, yes. But I am grateful and proud to know so many incredible people. It gives me hope for the future!

1 comment:

  1. It's been fun catching up on your blog - I haven't been doing much reading lately! I love this post because it reassures me (again) about supporting Joe Dorman. I couldn't vote for Fallin again - ever. But Dorman seemed sincere and like he cared about the people in this state. Maybe next time around we can get someone better in office :-)

    ReplyDelete